I came to know about the Leibster award a couple of months ago and felt that it was a nice initiative to make obscure bloggers like me, feel good about themselves. But I never thought the day would come so soon when I would get nominated. I thank Anurita for thinking my blog worthy enough to nominate.

I’m happy to be recognized but I’m afraid my answers for the questions would be pretty lame considering my unfamiliarity with cartoons and television. So without any further ado, here go my answers.

1. Where does your blogging inspiration come from?

A: When I first started blogging, I saw it as a great way to express. I used to write a diary but guarding its privacy seemed to be a difficult and I quit writing in it, which is something I regret to date. However, when I came to know what a blog means, I thought this to be another way to vent out everything. I do not have any particular inspiration to point at, but I write whenever I can get myself disciplined enough to write – which is not often as can be seen from my posting frequency. I like to read and review books, so they find their place more often into my blog whenever I don’t get any ideas to write.

2. Which cartoon character do you relate to and why?

A: I never watched cartoons much. The only ones I can remember watching are Duck Tales, Jungle Book and Spider Woman (All of them dubbed into Telugu). I never related myself to any of the cartoons. I don’t even remember what their stories were.

3. If you were given 1 lakh rupees to shop in an hour to purchase 5 items, what would be your shopping list?

A: I would like to buy the latest Mac Book Pro, a good large computer table and a comfortable chair.

4. Which one is your pic Friends/How I met your Mother/the Big Bang Theory?

A: Never saw any of them.

5. Funniest moment of your life?

A: There were some, but could not think of one right now that I can consider the funniest.

6. Price of onions per kg in your city?

A: Rs 40 per KG.

7. Equities, Real Estate or Fixed income.. which one and why?

A: Though I work as a consultant for a bank, I’m not interested in any of them. Fixed income is safe and Real estate is safer but Equities are exciting. So can’t pick any one of them.

8. Black or White?

A: Both. Black a bit more than White.  

9. One holiday destination that you never wanna go back again?

A: I did not go on many holidays but I don’t think I will ever want to go to USA again.

10. Your Favourite book?

A: English, August by Upamanyu Chatterjee. This is the character I can relate myself the most to, so it has to be the obvious pick.

My Nominees for the Leibster Award are:

1.      Anand Veturi: http://life-with-anand.blogspot.in/

2.      Elizabeth: http://www.thebookishreviews.com/

3.      Haritha: http://saiharitha.blogspot.in/

4.      T Sukesh : http://sazz-2.blogspot.in/


6.      Gaurang Gupta : http://dermat-skin.blogspot.in/

7.      Krithika Narula: http://kritikabibliophile.blogspot.com/

8.      Animesh Mishra: http://animeshkmishra.com/

9.      Senthil Nathan: http://sens-e-peak.blogspot.in/


I don’t know how many of you have been already nominated and won, so please bear with me in case you feel I’m spamming.

My questions for the nominees:

1.      Which character from any work of fiction you can identify yourself the most with?

2.      What is your most favorite movie and why?

3.      What is your reading frequency?

4.      What is the greatest challenge you face in writing?

5.      What makes you want to read a book? It’s blurb? Review from a person you like? Cover Page? Author’s previous works?

6.      What are your reading patterns?

7.      How do you fight blogger’s block?

8.      Do you think setting yourself a target works in writing?

9.      How important do you think grammar is in writing? Especially in English?

10.  What time of the day is the most conducive for you to write?

A bit of information on The Liebster Award:
What is the Liebster Award all about?

The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming/new bloggers or who have less than 200 followers. The 'Liebster' word is of German origin and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

How does it work? 

  1. Link back to the persons blog who has nominated you and convey thanks for giving the award.
  2. Answer all questions posted by the nominator.
  3. Nominate 10 more bloggers whom you feel are deserving of more subscribers; you pass the award on to them.
  4. Create 10 questions for the nominees.
  5. Contact the nominees and let them know that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award!