There is something inherently cool in asking a guy to write about his alcohol, so when Bacardi came up with this contest I was more than excited to take part in it. Though, I prefer my alcohol, cheap and strong and a Bacardi Breezer was anything but, I could not resist myself from registering for the contest, as I really wanted to taste it and see if why all of my lady friends go gaga about it. So what better than a contest to motivate my lazy backside than it.

I thought that it would cost me a lot, going by the classy bottles the alcopop comes in, but at 70/- a piece it is a decent buy. Being a fan of the color Orange, I opted for the Orange flavor and I checked the alcohol content. Satisfied that it won’t get me drunk or groggy the next day, I bought half a dozen of them and stacked them up neatly in a fridge, to be consumed later in the evening. The day at the office was quite mundane, with only the thoughts of an exciting evening managing me to make it through it.

I rushed my way back home and immediately opened the fridge to find the Orange Flavor Bacardi Breezer bottles, suitably cold and lusciously inviting, and I took the bait, only too eagerly.  Since I prefer boozing alone and I knew none of my friends would be willing to drink on a week day, I started to quench my thirst, though I got a bit concerned about the sugar content in it.

As the first drops of the deliciously heady concoction made their way down my throat, I felt a slight tingle, certainly classy and refreshingly fruity. I kept my bottle aside for a while to savor its taste and after about a minute I took another sip. It felt even better and its seductive aroma continued to hook me to it as I finished the bottle. I got up to get myself another bottle and this time, for company I started my favorite movie Dev D on my laptop. I watch this movie whenever I booze alone and make it a point to take a sip whenever Abhay Deol takes a sip from his sipper/glass/bottle on screen. It is a decent contest, but sometimes Abhay beats me in it, especially in the O Pardesi Song, where they show him drinking endlessly in numerous shots edited in a deliriously frenetic pace.

As the movie came to an end, I went to get my next bottle only to find the fridge empty and sheen less, without the bottles. Now I wanted more, a condition, other alcoholics like me can understand only too well (we always want more when we emptied the last one). However, I was in no mood to drive, so I called a couple of my friends over to my place. They were a bit reluctant when I told them only Breezers should be brought for the night, but I goaded them with promises of other goodies which could not be mentioned here. Soon, my fridge looked content and beautiful again as the three of us started another session.

It happens in most of our drinking sessions that, we first praise the one who gets the people together, then the owner of the place where we booze, and then the booze itself. Since, I was already feeling a bit drunk I gave my friends the bulk of the drinks. I felt, they won’t like it and I would have to finish them by the end of the day, but to my absolute surprise, they were finishing them like they have been doing it all through their life. Soon I got concerned that there won’t be anything left for me and we have to go out again. So, I proposed that each one of us talked about themselves and what they are doing with their life in general, while the others listened.

The bottles clanked loudly in my cramped room as the conversations ranged from office politics to our non-existent love lives. Then came the song and dance routine, which started at around 11:30 PM and continued till I lost the sense of my surroundings. I looked at my bottle which was about a quarter empty and with a final theatrical flourish, I emptied it into my throat and fell onto my bed into a deep slumber.

The next morning I woke up and to my surprise I found that I did not have any hangover and can clearly remember the events of the previous night. It felt good to be able to wake up without any dizziness and I saw that even my friends were feeling the same. I bade them goodbyes and came back to have a shower with the taste of the Orange flavored Breezer lingering ever so sweetly on my senses.

The day at the office was a bit busy and it delayed my lunch. When I finally found some time free, I went ahead to our canteen. As I was feeding myself the tasteless lunch, a message popped up on WhatsApp from one of my friends from the previous night. It read: “This Weekend, My Place, Orange Flavor.”
This Post was written as part of Catch The Flavor Contest Hosted by Bacardi on IndiBlogger